Abstract: There are several places which will work when mounting you mirror depending on what type of helmet you have. We will cover different mounting options and recommended locations for the optimal use of your Clearview Micro Helmet Mirror.
The Most Common Mounting Location
The most common mounting location is on the helmet shell itself. The key is finding the optimal location on the shell.
This is how to do it…
1) Place your helmet on your head. A properly adjusted helmet covers a good amount of the forehead, and the adjusting straps should prevent the helmet from easily rocking back and forth.
2) While looking forward, take the mirror by the base so that the reflective part of the apparatus in dangling below the rim of the helmet.
At this point, it is not necessary to view a rearward image.
Place the mirror as far up and left of your periphery such that your eye movement to view the circle is not a strain.
3) Make note of the location on the helmet that allows the mirror to be mounted to view in step #2.
Remove the helmet and clean the area where the mirror apparatus will be mounted with rubbing alcohol and allow to dry.
4) Place your helmet on your head.
5) This step may require some space–possibly outdoors. Simulate head position while riding.
Focus forward, and use the adjustments on the mirror to view behind you.
Pick a target behind you roughly 180 degrees, and use a combination of eye movement, and several degrees of rotation of your head.
This combination is your personal preference.
Most mirror users will include in the viewing image a tip of the ear, helmet strap, or eyewear. This little bit of information will give both depth perception and trajectory of objects that are viewed in the image.
6) Experiment with the mirror riding in a controlled environment such as a neighborhood or parking lot before using in more complicated situations.
These are our recommended mounting options for getting the best results from our mirror.
Please let us know if you have tried optional placements or have another location that works for you.